As you prepare for your upcoming mediation to take place on an online platform such as Zoom, I want to take a moment to arm you with some quick tips to help make your mediation go smoothly.
- Charge your device completely and have a charger handy, in case you need it.
- Create a comfortable, private space as free of distractions as possible where you can focus on the mediation. If children or others will be in or near the area where you’re mediating, consider using earphones to keep them from hearing potentially sensitive issues. Keep a drink and snacks on hand.
- Test the meeting application in advance to make sure you know how to activate your microphone and video. Zoom has some excellent tutorials that are free to watch. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials
- Turn off sounds on your device(s), such as email and text notifications. Likewise, do not play music or the TV in the background. All outside sounds can interfere with the audio for the meeting. If you’re on a break and/or waiting for the mediator to return, you can mute the audio on your device so that you can talk, listen to music, work, etc.
- If you do not have a scanner, download an application such as Docuscan or Scanner App, in case you need to scan any documents and make them available to the mediator, attorneys, and parties during mediation.
- Have logins and passwords handy, in case you need to access any online information during the mediation.
- Be careful not to interrupt when someone else is speaking. Make notes so you can remember what you wanted to say when it’s your turn.
- Don’t be afraid to ask if you can take a short break.
- Make sure your email is accessible during the mediation. The proposed Mediated Settlement Agreement will be emailed to you for review and signature via an online signing service, such as HelloSign or Docusign.
- Be patient. Everyone is adjusting to holding online meetings and there will be occasional hiccups.
If you have any questions about the online mediation process, feel free to contact me at email@example.com. I look forward to working with you to get your case resolved!